part 2 of a diaristic series.
being mad at myself for getting into bad relationships lead me to doing everything i could to bond with my sister again. i was still angry half a year later, although i was pushing myself to be around people more. i met my now best friend at the end of the series; makes me really happy. my sister can attest that i'm always saying my old self is dead, that i killed that person, which is something that manifested in these photos. sounds really angsty, and i was this year, but it's just my way of moving on.
these are the magician's secrets. while i believe it's much more fun to wonder how a photo was made, there are two reasons to reveal the process. one, it's too easy to assume that the more impossible shots were made in photoshop. and two, not many people know all the variables that make up film photography.
- the corner of a half stair, looking through the dirty glass down at the sidewalk
- bridge between two buildings, looking down at the creek with man-made rocks
- a mud channel, photo rotated and middle-greys extended into the whites in photoshop
- puddle of mud
- dirty glass of a warehouse with a nick in the glass, possibly a blanket sitting on the shelf inside
- smear on the glass of a truck
- samurai comics on the wall above the stage at a bar
- security camera in the subway
- road-sign from the moving car
- lush forest, sister walking in bottom right corner
- two friends jump in the pool after their show (band), slow shutter
- sister looking at lights from a baseball field reflected in the water, two photos aligned by a mistake made in processing the film
- pillars in a parking garage at sunset
- soaking wet friend leaving the pool
- end of roll, friend with a fresh scratch and welt on his forehead
- sister lying face-down in the dirt, her phone light shining at her feet
- an interesting looking synagogue, photo rotated
- cows in fields, two photos, using a red filter with film that's highly red-sensitive, colors enhanced in photoshop
- small farm town from airplane, possible aberration from expired film creating a dark patch, colors altered in photoshop
- an out-of-focus shot of an over-flowed creek
- very small children's playground with layers of washed away drawings on the wall